Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
I just submitted an inquiry, what happens next?
After receiving your inquiry, I will work hard to reply to you within 24-48 hours. Depending on what you’re looking for, I will call you to go over the details, narrow down the location(s) for the shoot, answer all of your questions and finalize the session date. This way all the nitty-gritty details are out of the way so you can relax and enjoy the shoot on the day of.
Do you Travel?
Absolutely!!! Don’t hesitate to contact me if you are far away. I love to travel and will do so in a heartbeat. I am always looking for an excuse to discover new places. If commutable, the travel fee is $0.70/mile when it’s 25 miles outside of Downtown Sacramento. If out of town, I require airfare, lodging, and a rental car (unless you are going to pick me up). Also, my parents live in Jacksonville, FL so I’d love an excuse to come back to Florida.
What type of photography services do you offer?
The services I offer include:
- Wedding & Engagement Photography
- Post Wedding Photography -This is perfect for all the brides that feel they do not have enough beautiful photos of themselves and their spouses on their wedding day, do not like the wedding photos that they got, have lost weight since they got married so they want updated photos, or they are celebrating their wedding anniversary and would like to take wedding photos
- Family Photography – These photos become PRICELESS once the kids are grown
- Children Photography – In the studio or outdoor
- Maternity Photos – When done right, the Mom looks beautiful, are glowing and happy
- Senior Portraits – for high school and college graduates
- Boudoir – Because every woman deserves beautiful photos
- Headshot for business advertising
- Commercial & advertising photograph.
I also specialize in documenting Vietnamese and Chinese Tea Ceremonies.
In addition to English, I also speak fluent Vietnamese.
If you are having an engagement ceremony, do ask me about it.
What should I wear?
This depends on your personal preferences but no matchy-matchy unless everyone is wearing white. The best thing to do is to choose your favorite color and mix it up with some patterns and other neutral color (white, black, grey and khaki). You can also go with a color scheme (for example, peach and navy blue, white and aqua, red, white and black, yellow and navy, etc.) or add layers and accessories like jewelry, hats, scarves and sunglasses to show off your personalities. IF YOU WANT LIGHT AND AIRY IMAGES, GO WITH A LIGHT COLOR SCHEME: PASTEL, LIGHT COLOR, WHITE & KHAKI. Just have fun with it. DO NOTE! Make sure you feel beautiful and comfortable with what you wear on the day of the shoot. If you are uncomfortable or are constantly fidgeting, it will show. ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE THERE’S NO WRINKLE.
Another very important note: Ladies, please make sure your eyebrows and everyone’s nails are nice and clean. This is one of my pet peeves. The lenses is very clear so if you have chipped nail polish, it will show through. These small details drive me crazy and they will drive you crazy when you review the photos as well.
TIPS IF YOU HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN:
- Schedule your shoot around your kid’s nap time. Avoid 1 hr before & after his/her regular nap time so we can avoid an unhappy baby.
- Most kids are happier in the morning when they just woke up. So while sunset is really beautiful, if your kids go to sleep at 8PM and sunset is at 8:30PM in the summer time and the session has to start at 7:30PM, this won’t work. Schedule it in the morning instead because a smiling and laughing baby is better than a sleepy and cranky baby.
- Bring snacks, juice and toys that usually make them smile.
- If needed, bring the Uncle or Aunty that always knows how to make them laugh.
- Embrace candids. If you have kids between the age of 18 months to 4 years old, they are just unpredictable. I will try my best to get them to laugh and participate, but there is no guaranteed that it will happen as we planned. Therefore, sometimes we’ll just have to go with the flow and see what will work.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- *** If you have a far drive, don’t change your kids into their photo clothes until you get to the shoot locations (in case they spill food & drink in the car or worse, throw up during the ride.)
Where should we take photos?
I am an outdoor photographer and love it when clients pick locations that are meaningful to them. I feel this make the images we take THAT much more special. If you don’t have any preferred place, I am happy to give you my recommendations.
What is the best time to take photos?
The best time to take photos is 1-2 hour after sunrise and 1-2 hours before sunset. The lighting is softest during this time thus giving your skin the perfect glow. And this is what I thrive on. Sunrise gives your photos a soft, light and angelic glow while sunset give your photos a golden glow that you’d definitely love.
What happens if the weather will not cooperate on the day of the shoot?
Unfortunately I cannot control Mother Nature. If the weather is not cooperating on the day of the shoot, I will work with you to reschedule for a better day. If you are willing to risk it, I am always up for a challenge!
Something major came up and I need to reschedule. What is your policy?
I understand that sometimes life brings unexpected events. If that’s the case, please let me know within 24-48 hours and I will try my best to reschedule you. You are entitled to 1 reschedule without charge.
How long is each session?
Based on my experience, a portrait session usually takes about 30 mins to 1 hour. This is for 1 outfit and 1 location. An extended session, engagement sessions and post-wedding bridal shoots usually take about 2-2.5 hours so we can go to 2 locations and have 2 or 3 outfits. If we’re having a lot of fun, we might go over that a little bit, which I am totally okay with.
How many images will I get?
After the shoot, I typically go through the images, select my favorites, lightly edit and upload all of the photos we took to a private website and send you a link. From there you get to go through and pick all of your favorite images. I will then edit them then schedule a time to meet with you to go over the final images. This way you get to choose and keep only the ones that you really like.
How much are your portrait sessions?
My regular portrait session is $400 for a 30-45 min photoshoot and 20 edited digital images, $600 for 40 images, $750 for the photoshoot and up 60 edited images and $1000 for all of pics. Sessions may run a little longer depending on how much fun we’re having.
Print products, canvases, wall collages and albums are available to order afterward. Typically clients spend between $550- $2500 afterward.
What about your wedding coverage?
My wedding packages start at $3500 with most client packages ranging between $4600- $6800.
For weddings, clients typically get about 600-1,500 images depending on how long the coverage is.
What is the turnaround time? How will my images be delivered?
The turnaround time is 2-3 weeks for all portrait sessions. For weddings, the turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. All images are delivered via a password-protected online gallery. The beauty of this is that after I email you the link and password, you can to view, share and download all of the high resolution images onto your computer right away. The online gallery is especially convenient if you have family and friends from out of town that you want to share photos with.
Do you photoshop?
I edit all of the photos delivered to clients. I do photoshop to clear minor things like blemishes and fly-away hair but not to make you thinner/taller or younger looking. I believe that everyone is beautiful in his/her own way. My goal is to capture you beautifully as you are using colors, angles and depth of field, not to photoshop you to look like someone else.
How do I book a session with you?
Sessions are booked on first come, first serve basis. Please contact me at 916-475-3346 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. I require $150 non-refundable deposit for all portrait sessions and $1,000 deposit for weddings along with a signed wedding contract.
Do you offer prints?
Yes! I offer professional prints as well as canvases and custom photo albums. This way your photos can be printed and enjoyed rather than being stored away on the computer. Photo albums make handsome keepsakes and can be enjoyed and admired not only by you but also by your friends, children and grandchildren. Click here for a list of products and services I offer.
I want a photobook. How can I order one?
Photobooks make great keepsake and gifts. Instead of turning on the computer each time, you can open up a book and see those wonderful images. Not to mention it is easy to share with family and friends. Ordering is as easy as 1, 2 and 3.
- You choose your favorite photos to include in the book.
- You pick the size that you want: 8×8, 10×10, 12×12 or 10×15 inches
- You pick the cover: leather or photo-cover
I will take care of the design and layout to ensure your book tells your story. You can see a sample book here. Please allow 3-4 weeks to receive the final books. For wedding photobooks, please allow 8-10 weeks since all premium wedding albums are personally designed and handcrafted.
What types of payments do you accept?
I accept cash, checks, credit/debit card, Venmo and Paypal.