This is a sponsored post on behalf of Basic Invite. All of the opinions expressed here are my own.
Happy Tuesday, everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start. Mine started a little bit crazy with Jixer (my 8-year old dog) fainting three times within the last 2 days. Thank goodness the meds he got are working so he is almost back to himself again. Thank you so much to all of you guys that reached out with kind wishes and useful advices! I was so happy when the little booger was able to eat all of his lunch yesterday.
Then my day got better when our “Baby Announcement Cards” came in the mail.
EEEEEEEeeeeeee!!!! *YES! That’s me squealing with all eyes closed**** (lol)
Henry and I announced our pregnancy 10 days ago on our 5th wedding anniversary. If you missed it, you can check out that really special blog post here. Just to get here was such a challenge and a blessing so I want to cherish these moments as much as I can. That’s why I made Henry dress up and took announcement photos together. To make it a little bit more special, I ordered “Announcement Cards” so we can send them to our parents (who have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the last how many years). And since I am so happy with the way they turned out, I am going to brag about them for a bit in case the holidays are coming up and you are looking for a reliable company to order custom cards.
At Basic Invite, they offer EVERYTHING:
As a wedding photographer, brides ask me all the time what’s a good place to order Save-the-Date cards and wedding invitations. So this was the first selection I looked at. I kinda fell in love with this Save-The-Date card design so I used one of my client’s images to create a sample. Isn’t this so fun and pretty?
As a matter of fact, each of their wedding invitations is part of a set. You can find everything from save the dates to wedding invitations and enclosure cards, wedding menus, wedding programs and even matching thank you cards! That’s pretty cool, right?
From formal & elegant to rustic to fun & flirty designs, there are over 200 wedding invitation sets for you to choose from.
The neat thing is that EVERYTHING is customizable:
– The font type
– The font colors (almost unlimited number of colors)
– The font size
– The font placement on the page
– There are over 40 envelope colors to choose so you don’t have to settle for white or off white.
-For peace of mind, YOU CAN ORDER A CUSTOM SAMPLE CARD first to make sure you love it before placing a large order
(which is what I did this time since I only needed 2 cards).
AND THE BEST THING OF ALL?
(Well, there are a few in my opinion!)
- If you want foil cards, you can have the name(s) customized. I know this is very common for wedding invitations but it is not very common for Birth Announcements. At least with the professional print lab I go through, customized foil names are not available on baby announcement cards. I had several clients asked before and I was so sad that I was not able to get it done for them. And I didn’t know where to send them to.
2. All of their envelopes are peel and seal so the envelopes can be quickly and securely closed.
Saving you cuts and saliva. (hahaha)
3. Free Address Collection Service so you don’t have to manually address each envelope. I am usually clumsy when it comes to thing like this so I know I will mess up a few somewhere along the line. It also takes so long to write everything so if it’s free, why not make them work instead of you, right?
After the wedding, you can come back for all of your baby announcement needs. hehehehe.. This is the stage that I am at now. While I was designing our announcement cards, I couldn’t help but glance through the baby shower and baby announcement selections. I got super excited over this mint green stork design that I started narrowing down dates for the baby shower. Of course when the actual invitations go out, we will have a different sets of photos and my belly will be a lot larger.
Boy oh boy! There are so many things to look forward to from here until December.
I can’t wait to share more news and images with you soon.
We are finding out the sex of our baby in 2 weeks!!!!!
YES, we are finding it out early!
(I’m taking bets now so let me know if you are Team Blue or Team Pink?)
Have a wonderful week, you guys! Keep cool and be healthy!
Two Twenty Photos
Your Fun Wedding & Portrait Photographer